Cisco Anyconnect and iPads

IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen or resolved this issue. I've been crawling around on the Apple and Cisco forums and opened a Cisco TAC case without much help. No one can seem to figure out why this is happening.

So my company wants to buy iPad minis for some of the executives to VPN in and use Jabber with. We've never really used iPad for anything like that before so it's all sort of new for us. Last week it was brought to my attention that Cisco Anyconnect would disconnect upon iPads going onto standby and not try to reconnect upon waking the device. I thought that was a little strange so after some modification, I created a profile on the ASA 5520 (Version 8.4(3)) that would allow reconnect upon device wake. Now, this solved the problem for all devices AND iPads on WiFi, but the iPads that are connecting via 4G/3G are still having the same issue. When I leave them alone for about 5-10 minutes and come back, it'll still show the VPN as being connected but when I try to ping an internal server, it'll timeout. This issue doesn't seem to happen with Android devices and with WiFi iPads so that makes it a little strange. I opened a Cisco TAC case but the engineer I got had NO idea why this was happening and I'm sitting here in my PJs waiting for this to be escalated to another engineer.

Anyone else have this issue? Any resolution or did you just decide to play with Androids instead?
BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
Blog: www.network-node.com

Comments