Options

WGU Assessment Question

dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to throw a question out there, after being unsuccessful on my 1st attempt to pass the CIW Javascript exam I am looking to take my second attempt by the end of next week. Keep in mind first time I was extremely unprepared the first time around because of outside circumstances I didnt foresee when I requested the voucher and it was either take it or miss the 6 week deadline (while not making excuses I think I should still be seen a little differently and get a little benefit of the doubt then someone that prepared for weeks and took it)

So now on my second time around I've been really buckling down and studying for the past couple of weeks. I informed my course mentor that I was ready and he came back with a list of stuff I just "had to do" before he would release it. I'm up against a deadline because of course the test center is closed after next week for 2 weeks for the holiday and I want to move on to other courses.

Finally getting to my question if for some reason I do fail it again that would put me on a 3rd attempt which of course requires more tedious approval (dont get me started on how WGU tends to let you have all the freedom in the world until you fail something and then it seems like you are immediately looked at differently, apparently me passing 4 other courses this semester on the first time doesnt really buy me any credibility), heh as a side rant I find the whole talking to a mentor once a week, having to talk to the course mentor, and having to act all excited annoying as I'm there for an education on my terms with self study. Anyway if I did fail it would it be possible just to wait the 30 days and then take the test on my own since I have to pay for it anyway and just send the score in? That way I skip the whole "approval" process and dont run into the whole you have 4 attempts to pass something deal. Sorry for the long post but for about the 90% WGU does really awesome at there's 10% that can be really annoying lol.
WGU - B.S. Information Technology
Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)

Comments