Options

Security+ Technotes?

jryersonjryerson Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are there any plans in the future for a technote series on the security+ exam. I find the technote available on the network+ very informative and would like see ones similar on the security+.

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will leave this to webmaster to answer. However I would like to point out that Security+ is vastly different to any other Comptia exam in that not only does it cover such a wide range of objectives, but in one or two areas it drills down to a different level than others. This makes it a very difficult subject to study for, and hence a difficult subject to write study notes for.

For a quick overview I recommend Tcat & Helens free pdf, but if you are going to get serious and study for this exam I recommend the following.

Sybex, Security+ by Micheal Pastore
    The pdf by Tcat Howser & Helen O'Boyle (full pay version)
    CBT Nuggets
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Surely. Eventually I, or someone else, will write TechNotes for every IT exam you can think of... it's just that I'm starting with the most popular exam to attract as much visitors as possible, which in turn will allows to invest more in tech writers for less popular exams.

I didn't exactly plan anything for it, but I'll see what I can do, since this is a top 10 certification at the moment, but in the meanwhile use the links RussS suggested.

of course this differs from person to person, but I wouldn't say studying for or writing TechNotes for Sec+ is harder than for any other cert... The main difference with Sec+ and most other Comptia certs is that it isn't exactly 'entry-level'.
  • Options
    Ok, I've been going thru the exam objectives again (I'm also in an ongoing process of preparing myself for the exam ;)) and started on the first Security+ TechNote. It will cover the first objective 'only'... and should be ready today or tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    jryersonjryerson Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    Ok, I've been going thru the exam objectives again (I'm also in an ongoing process of preparing myself for the exam ;)) and started on the first Security+ TechNote. It will cover the first objective 'only'... and should be ready today or tomorrow. :)

My intetions were not to make more work for you. I was inquiring if there were a technote series eventually going to be made. In any case I really appreciate this site and all you and and any other contributer has done. thanks.
  • Options
    Don't worry, more work isn't possible... maybe if I skip sleep... icon_wink.gif

Like I said, it's a popular exam so I think the TechNotes will be a good addition to our great questions provided by RussS.
    Also, I'm planning on taking the exam myself after the summer... I've been pushing it forward mainly because of the exam cost, which I rather spend on Cisco certs icon_rolleyes.gif but I've been taking lots of notes and done a lot of research on certain topics (such as those for the first TechNote) already. So it shouldn't be that much trouble to put something together... it'll be a long (long long) road though before we covered all the objectives ;)
  • Options
    Ok, the first one is ready, it is yet to be proof read/ checked by RussS, so it's not really on the site yet... but you can take a peak here.
  • Options
    Ok, done. I've locked this post (which reminds me I need to change a 'button'), please continue any discussion about our Security+ TechNotes here:

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1066
This discussion has been closed.