Options

Web Applicatoin Help (linux) - unknown command: war

higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
Hello all,

I am trying to complile code with jython and I have all the required copoments installed (jython, django, tomcat, etc). However, whenever I run the following

/usr/local/jython/bin/jython manage.py -war

I get the following error;

unkown command: war

any assistance would be greatly appreciated it.

Comments

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    just tossing it out there have you checked all your permissions
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    Yes I did. Interesting thing is this is a developer issue and I got stuck with it =/
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just throwing this out there. I could be way off but it's worth a shot. Since -war looks like flags and manage.py looks like the name of a file, try putting -war before manage.py. It makes a difference on some distros like freebsd where you have to put the -rf before the directory in the rm command. In linux I can usually do "rm /<directory>/ -rf" to avoiid mistakes. So if you haven't already figured it out, try

/usr/local/jython/bin/jython -war manage.py
  • Options
    W Stewart wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there. I could be way off but it's worth a shot. Since -war looks like flags and manage.py looks like the name of a file, try putting -war before manage.py. It makes a difference on some distros like freebsd where you have to put the -rf before the directory in the rm command. In linux I can usually do "rm /<directory>/ -rf" to avoiid mistakes. So if you haven't already figured it out, try

/usr/local/jython/bin/jython -war manage.py

I will have to try that the next time I go in. I tried pretty much everything else. Using Red hat 6 and typically I've always put the command after the manage.py. I told jython just to runserver after manage.py and I was able to access the index / dashboard I needed to see but none of the data from the DB was getting into it. These OS's have already been hardened before the .war was created so I wonder if that has to do anything with it. I just think its funny how developers give me this and I'm supposed to test the application, yet I can't get to it lol. This was one of the questions I asked prior to taking the position because I know System Admins can mean a lot to different people and out of my skill set.
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did some googling too since I'm not too familiar with jython. I've seen some examples running a similar command without the - before war so you may also want to try

/usr/local/jython/bin/jython manage.py war

without the dash.