Options

Dream to become CEO

Talha_Alam 56Talha_Alam 56 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hiiii to alll Is there any body who have its organization. Currently m doing telecom engineering and hopefull to complete my bachelor degree current year. The one biggest desire in my heart come daily to build my own company name as "HICOSOFT". I watched out all the popular CEO's history no one is certified but I think on completing my degree I should do some Certifications. Currently M the best programmer among my univeristy I won 4 international awards of programming and circuit designing.icon_lol.gif
What u thinks as I have interest in networking and in security side this is some list of certifications I made a plan for myself
1 :BS-Telecom (Network engineer specialized with network programing,Wireless networking and artifical intelgince )
2 :MS-Networking (Specialization in network programming)
3 :CompTia A+
4 :CompTiA Network+
5 :CCNA( Cisco Certified Network Associate in Routing and Switching)
6 :CCNP( Cisco Certified Network Professional)
7 :CWNA( Certified Wireless Network Administrator)
8 :CWNP(Certified Wireless Network Professional)
9 :CCVP(Cisco Certified Voice Professional)
10 :CCIE( Cisco Certified Internet Expert in Routing and Switching)
// Starts Hicosoft_Networks after completing my CCIE certs at that time I have Inshallah have enough money to invest money and to start a company what u thinks Is this a right tract path...

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's great to have a dream to chase. I wish you all the best.

As for the right path - it largely depends on the type of business/company that you are trying to create. Starting a business plan is usually the better way to start - not creating an education/certification path. What makes a business successful isn't the educational credentials of the founder but the validity and execution of a business plan.

I assume that you are not located in North America or your mileage may vary. I can't really comment on what it's like to start a business outside North America.
  • Options
    M now adays in Pakistan and after completing my bachelor degree I will migrate to Newzealand where my uncle lives..
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I highly advoce reading "Good to Great" by Jim Collins before starting ANY business..as well as a plethora of other books to gain insight into what to do (And what not to do).
  • Options
    JayTheCrackerJayTheCracker Member Posts: 169
    i think for someone who wanna do an own business(it'll be related with IT too), the following certs will help
    CCNP, CCDP & a marketing diploma from CIM, finally a PMP/MBA

by the way, u would not need that MS in networking & CCIE.......
    for a business man, it'll be too much for technical side...
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Talha_Alam 56 - 5 of the 7 posts that you have on this site have been variations on the same theme - you type up a list of certs and talk about your uncle who seems to switch locations between Australia and New Zealand - is there a point to this exercise?
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    umarbhattiumarbhatti Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you start your own company, you will be the CEO, Director, CIO anything you want to call yourself.

As for coming to Au, via NZ that seems like an easier path than coming to Au directly from Pk
  • Options
    Ivanjam
    dear I know this is not a point to ask at this form. But this desire to achieve my goals is seriously ..... as there are so much experienced peoples having alot of IT certs thats y i asked this question.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Having certifications isn't what makes a successful business or business founder, perhaps you may want to focus on the skills required to start and sustain a business. For one, having sales skills and organizational management are probably the most important skills to have.

If you goal is to move from Pakistan to start a business in New Zealand and/or Australia, you may want to focus on your English first since that's the predominate language spoken and written in business in those countries. Having the right communication skills are a foundational requirement to building a successful business. It's difficult enough for a native speaker to start a business, so I would imagine that you will have your challenges if English is not your native language.

Good luck - hope you get there...
  • Options
    umarbhattiumarbhatti Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not to pick on you Talha but you seemed to have posted the same question in the "Off-topic" section as well.
  • Options
    kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    I'd focus on learning business stuff more than high level technical stuff. Unless you are bank rolling it all yourself.

You could be technically the smartest person in the room, but if you can't communicate your plan, no smart investors are going to invest.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU