Options

Hard core CCNA labs?

Dan-HumphreysDan-Humphreys Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm going to be competing for the World Skills Cisco competition next year and is wondering if anyone has a link to some hard core CCNA labs.

The idea is I want to lab myself to distruction, my hope is my head will explode similar to Peter Griffin's on one episode of Family Guy... But after I win the World Skills competition

Comments

• Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Why don't you do the labs for CCIE instead? They are as hardcore as you can find.
  • Options
    oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    sratakhin wrote: »
    Why don't you do the labs for CCIE instead? They are as hardcore as you can find.
    Because there will be topics which aren't in the CCNA :s? Plus all the details.
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • Options
    I would love to do some CCIE labs but as oli356 said, I haven't covered anywhere near enough subjects to take on a CCIE lab.

Idealy I would like labs that cover broad areas of CCNA material, complexe troubleshooting of routing protocols, vlans ect. would be good
  • Options
    oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    Might struggle to find a massive broken lab with multiple problems to TS. Maybe someone could make one and documentate what should work etc.

When is the world skills competition? Is it in London or something, I'm sure I heard something about the team I work in attending some world skills thing.
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • Options
    It's regional heat's to begin with so I imagen one will be south east, I will be competing for the south west to start with.

I'm being put forward by my college, I'm not sure if you can enter if you are not in education.

Check out the website WorldSkills UK
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I might have your fix. We're developing some CCNA workbooks which are aimed at developing "better-than-average" CCNA's- and as a result, some of the labs are a bit trickier than the usual "configure this interface, do this, do this"

We're going to have technology-focused labs which will aim to learn a specific feature (ie: RIP timers), as well as "complete" labs where you set out to achieve several objectives. The goal here is to not just become a CCNA, but become a kick-ass CCNA, and ultimately advance faster than the others.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM. They're still being developed, but I'll throw your name on the list and give you a first crack at them to beta them.