Options

Microsoft Exam #70-646 Real World Benefits

Helen LSCHelen LSC Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone that has taken the Microsoft Exam #70-646 share with me any experiences of career advancement since getting their certificate?

Comments

• Options
    coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was expecting a lot, to be honest.... All I received was "that's great, do you have your college degree?"
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will constantly try to push this agenda when it comes to certifications.

The MCITP:SA IS EXTREMELY valuable if you have retained the all the information from the exam and can reproduce that information in an interview. If I interviewed you right now (for a position we are actually hiring right now) and you were able to tell me what the following technologies do: netmask ordering, SRV records, stub zones, GCs, name of the AD database file, how to load balance DHCP servers, and more then I have a really high chance I will hire you right now.

Some of the best jobs you will get is when you can talk tech to the technical people in the room and impress them. Some jobs are willing to throw tons of money at you.

In terms of just having the certification itself is how you get your foot in the door at the resume selection level. It helps but really each company is going to vary widely when they look at a resume.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!