Options

MTA Exams Commercially available.

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
In a few of the other forums we have discussed the MTA exams, which in the past were academic only. These have now been released commercially. So if you are starting out at a jr. level, some of these might be a great way to get your foot in the door.

MTA Training and Certification Now Available at Commercial Test Centers - Born to Learn - Born To Learn - Born to Learn

Comments

• Options
    kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    One of the best things out of this I see is Certiport won't be the only testing center. I never ran into an issue where I live, but I read horror stories from other people that are forced to drive many hours each way to take an MTA.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I thought these were being phased out with the new system. Is that not the case?
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @About7Narwhal - this is the first time I have ever heard of their being phased out. Microsoft has been pushing for the MTA course content to be taught in schools and for the exams to become the standard certification for kids leaving high school and embarking on an IT career.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I must have just made it up in my head then. I have been struggling to keep up with all of the changes the past few years. lol So I guess the next question would be this:

Would you guys consider MTAs to be worth the time if the MTA is a technology you only want to know the basics of or would you consider them a waste of time? (EG: Web Dev MTA for someone who is going for a Sharepoint admin position and has Sharepoint certs. etc, etc.)
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MTA is just that. Tests your comprehension of the basics. I have the MTA in Windows Server. I thought it was a very fair and comprehensive exam. Remember, it's an entry level certificate.