Options

Interview Coming!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
As you guys know I was not given a promotion and decided I'd start looking. A local finance firm had a job posting for a finance analyst on our college job board and I know in the past they hired a ton of IT people. I went to their website and saw two positions I thought I'd fit perfect.

1. System Administrator (Datacenter) - Basically the end all be all position. Work with Windows Servers, Linux Servers, Networking equipment, HVAC, and control security access. Four day work week, 11 hour days...10 PM to 9 AM. I like this position for nights, four day work week, and the chance to work with a ton of technology.

2. Junior System Admin (Windows) - Basic system administrator position for Windows with all the normal fluff. I've worked with Windows servers my entire career and the only bullet I didn't meet was the scripting one (VB and Powershell). This would be a day shift position which I don't mind either.

Company seems like a pretty good one to work for. Free lunch each day, tuition assistance, and a bunch of stuff onsite (bank, barber, gym, etc). Checked out their public profile and employees gave it four stars out of five and the salaries seemed pretty good. They have office in a couple of countries and they have a security department so I know at some point I could move up. The recruiter emailed me late on Friday and asked that i reply with dates for an hour interview on the phone.

We'll see what happens!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on this one @the_Grinch! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hope u get the job, good luckicon_thumright.gif
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    good luck... but being a Grinch and all, I would think this isn't the best time for you to look for work
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Hoping my heart will grow two sizes bigger ;)
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck you will be a great get for them.
  • Options
    coty24coty24 Member Posts: 263 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hope you get it man! You should be a shoe-in!
    Passed LOT2 :)Working on FMV2(CHFI v8 ) Done!
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I wish you the best. I know you have the knowledge, so you'll do well!
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    That System Admin job would be a great opportunity both for IT advancement and for Management advancement. Due to the shift, you likely won't have a big boss watching every step and authorizing every action. They will count on you to make the right choice and get it done. Making sure your boss can go home and not have to worry about the Datacenter because the_Grinch will take care of it goes a long way come raise and bonus time. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! HR Interview tomorrow over the phone at 1:45.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Good luck Grinch! Let us know how the phone interview goes
  • Options
    Good luck on your interview.
  • Options
    Overall I feel it went alright, I hate dealing with none technical recruiters. We spoke for about 30 minutes and she said she'd pass her notes on to some other managers to see how'd they'd like to proceed. I should hear one way or the other sometime next week. Thanks for the support everyone!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Queue

Grab a 6 pack of some stout brew and enjoy your weekend. I live in Missouri so I can afford cigars too :)

Second cheapest tobacco tax in the US.