Options

CAPM or PMP, which do i sit for?

AbdulgafarAbdulgafar Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have less than the required hours managing/leading Projects for me to be eligible for the PMP exam, but enough for me to enrol for the CAPM examination.

However i just completed a comprehensive course in Advanced Strategic Project Management from Villanova University and I already have more that 200 hours of training - more than enough to be eligible for the PMP.

From what i gather, people know more about the PMP than the CAPM certification. clearly, based on work experience, CAPM should be my current goal, but I cannot shake the feeling that it will be an underachievement.

What do you advise?

BTW, I currently reside and work in Qatar but i am looking to shift base soon.

Comments

• Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi and Welcome to TE

The CAPM is not as popular as the PMP . but i would not really do my PMP unless i have solid PM expericence to back it up . Because when it comes to Project Mgmt difference and experiences plays a vital role between a Good PM and a BAD PM ( we have some in our organisation as examples )

How is the PMP market in your region may be you can check the job sites and see which is more valuable .

I would recommend you going for the CAPM ( valid for 5 Years ) and once you have the necessary experience you can do your PMP icon_thumright.gif Good Luck
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".