Passed ICND2 with 902

mohcommohcom Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm happy to report that yesterday (Dec 31st) I took and passed ICND2 with a score of 902.

Study materials used include CCNA ICND Exam Certification Guide by Wendel Odom, TestOut Labsim CCNA course, and CBT Nuggets videos. Of all three, I used TestOut the most.

Prep time was 3 months. (This is after having passed ICND1 of course).

I would like to thank you guys for the sound advice you offered regarding this exam when I needed it. Thanks!
- CCNP (Work In Progress)
- CCNA
- CCENT
- Security+
- B.S. Computer Science (Info. Systems Security)

Comments

• ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats, what are you planning to do next ?
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats @mohcom on the pass! Good luck on your next exam! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job...congrats.
  • sendalotsendalot Member Posts: 328
    Did Testout fully prepare you for simulation type questions?

Thanks.
  • iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!! Now do something with it....unlike me.
    CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mohcommohcom Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone... and happy new year to you all.

@Zorodzai -- I'm still debating whether I should make CCNP my primary focus for my next cert, or instead go for a Juniper entry level cert. My current title at work is "Network Security Engineer" yet I have very limited knowledge with Juniper OS... so I wanna start exploring that OS and see how it goes. What do you guys recommend?

@sendalot -- I think TestOut was a primary contributor that helped me pass the test. Their video-based training is very detailed. They also have virtual labs with every topic that work and feel the same way as an actual Cisco router/switch. However, I also think that on-the-job experience helped in some way or another. If I had to recommend anything it would be watching training videos.. whether it's TestOut, YouTube... CBT Nuggets.. the instructors in those videos tell you everything you need to know... It's like they know exactly what questions you have in mind and they cover all of them in great detail.
    - CCNA
    - CCENT
    - Security+
  • kremitkremit Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Like a BOSS. dang man. glad to see testout worked, i've been eyeballing that for a while now.
    Pending:
    640-816; ITIL 2011
    2013:
    Sharepoint, ITIL, CCNA
  • mohcommohcom Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @kremit - thanks :D Yes, TestOut is great... but a little expensive for those who can't get the student discount.
    - CCNA
    - CCENT
    - Security+