From zero to CCENT?

Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,
What is a fair, or average time to go from no cisco experience to passing the CCENT? I planned on two months, but with one month left i am beginning to wonder. I feel i understand all the subject matter, but memorizing it is a bit much. (so far)

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It depends on the individual's knowledge of networking. For me it was about four months I believe. Really it's not that bad. The hardest things to wrap your mind around is subnetting. Make sure you make time to practice subnetting and labbing out the scenarios provided to you by the textbook you are using to study.
  • Jason RJason R Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very true. Remembering IOS commands is the easy part. Sub netting quickly takes work. I made sure that I could answer any subnet question in under 2 minutes.
  • goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you can do it in 4-6 months. Depending on how many breaks you need.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • kremitkremit Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you can do it in 4-6 months. Depending on how many breaks you need.

That long? ICND is all about the basics of networking. I remember receiving mostly general networking questions. I would say in 2 months or less someone could get their ICND1, but the ICND2 is a completely different beast. I wake up in a cold sweat dreaming about the 816 test. Fearing I waisted 150.
    Pending:
    640-816; ITIL 2011
    2013:
    Sharepoint, ITIL, CCNA
  • mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When you saying it's easy it would be against to you hard. All it's depends on how you studying and how you scheduling, CCENT is not a game it's the intro CCNA is the game at all! Well Subnetting is not like hard but whole are math, All you have to do is memorizing the two to the power that's all! IOS Commands are not big intruders but when you move to CCNA bit complicated to understand, :) So mostly welcome. :)
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)