Options

Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012

djcdjc Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,I'm wondering if I should get this book:BARNES & NOBLE | Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 by Ian McLean | Paperback. 1. has anyone used this? is it good? I remember using a Microsoft Press book in the past and it was FULL of errors... never bought one since. This was several years ago at this point though, are they better now?2. There is also the bundle for all three exams coming out in April... is the 70-410 book in the bundle the exact same? or will it have updated, and potentially more accurate content? I need to get started now... can't wait until April.3. Are there any other books anyone can recommend for 70-410?Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    it2bit2b Member Posts: 117
    I bought the Exam Ref 70-410 book. My biggest complaint is there are no practice exercises or labs in it. It has what they call "Thought exercises", which are not clear steps to perform like the labs in the other MS Press books in the past.

It's also less than 400 pages too. So I don't know how reliable a resource this will be.

I also bough the "Training Guide: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012" which does have lots of exercises to perform. But it claims not to be geared towards exam prep, while it "may help". There are lots of things in it such as creating images which won't be needed for the 70-410.

So I am using both of these books along with the CBT nuggets course for 70-410 to prep.
  • Options
    djcdjc Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the reply, it's appreciated.

Nothing worse than studying from a book that is full of inaccurate information... one of my worst fears regarding exam prep.

Strange, I purchased the book, but the one I received has a totally different cover?

Also, I bought this:
    BARNES & NOBLE | Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 by Ian McLean | NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback

But when going back to compare ISBN's of what I bought and what I actually recevied, I wound up at this url:
    BARNES & NOBLE | Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 by Ian McLean | NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback

only difference between the two is a '1' at the very end, in the ean value, but the pages appear exactly the same, showing the same book with the same ISBN??

I really just want to be sure I'm getting the latest version of the book... anyone know which cover would represent the 'newer' book? the cover shown in those links? or another cover?

I may be just paranoid here, but I've had a bad experience before putting LOTS of time into studying a book that really had LOTS of errors and I really don't want to do that again. The ISBN on the book I received is the same as the one shown on the web page, only visual difference is a different cover.

anyone know if when a book is reprinted with updated content, not a 'new' version, but maybe just fixed erros, would if recieve a new ISBN number? or just use the same?