Options

Studying hard for the 2nd time...

MCITBoundMCITBound Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
Greetings all!

First time posting here - I wanted to say that I'm am currently studying for the 70-680 exam (2nd attempt) and I am using the following study materials:
  • Don Poulton's MCTS Cert Guide book
  • Professor Messer's Online Videos
  • My own VMWare LAN for testing
Is there anything else I should be doing/ looking at to help? I guess I'm just looking for some moral support more than anything else... Failing that test really took a lot out of me the first time.

Thanks
If I gave good advice or was insightful, please add to my reputation!! If you have a LinkedIn account and want a new connection, feel free to add me! If you have any questions, ask! :cool:

Comments

• Options
    MPerryMPerry Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    70-680 Press Book helped me a lot. I passed that exam the first time, but I spent a lot of time reading and understanding concepts.

As for failing, that's just part of life.

Here's a quote for you:
    "And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

:) Best way to learn is to understand where you need improvement, hence the fail report you got after taking the first exam. Look where you aren't doing so well and study.

Good luck this time around. Oh and, remember, when you pass a Microsoft exam, you do not EVER need to take it again. =D
  • Options
    Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just curious, I am just starting to prepare for this exam. I wanna run labs as I seen all on these forums that labs and reading are best bet for success. I'm just clueless on where to begin with building a lab.
  • Options
    MCITBoundMCITBound Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MPerry - thanks for the encouragement! ...And you're right, once getting the good 'ol "Pass", there's no reason to stress afterwards!! :)
    If I gave good advice or was insightful, please add to my reputation!! If you have a LinkedIn account and want a new connection, feel free to add me! If you have any questions, ask! :cool: