Options

passing score

sivanoschisivanoschi Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello everybody,

i'm preparing for 70-270... can someone tell me what's the approximate passing score?

it's 733, 750 or 850?

i know it's like a pass/fail bat the ones who failed can know what their score was?

thanx,
simion

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    i know it's like a pass/fail bat the ones who failed can know what their score was?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those that fail, get a "fail", not a score.
  • Options
    trazontrazon Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I believe the passing test score 650
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Where are you finding that information, because that seems quite low. Even CompTIA exams require 70% to 75% to pass.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    MS did have very low passing score for most exams... lower than CompTIA. Except for a couple of electives.
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Wow, that's awesome! I'm definitely going to pass now! :D

Cheeblie
  • Options
    c2computerc2computer Inactive Imported Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Q. What does my score mean?

A. Beginning with the release of the Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003–related exams, Microsoft will provide numerical scores on exams. By the end of September 2003, most exams will have the new score report format, which includes this numerical score. Microsoft has worked with customers and testing industry experts to create an exam scale that would be consistent across all exams. The new scale requires a minimum passing score of 700 on all exams. The maximum score on the exams will vary depending on the complexity of the skills being measured

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/procedures.asp
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    All MS exam requires 700 to pass and the grade report shows you how well you did in the specific areas within each exam objective. The only exams that dont show specific areas for objectives are the design exams since they a cumulative.

If you fail an exam, not only do you recieve a score but also an assesment of the areas in which you are weak on. I think that was their major change since 2003.
    What next?