Options

Boot Error.

MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
Issues like this make me realize how much more hands-on experience I need with troubleshooting. The issues I face on my own systems tend to be the hardest to fix. I just installed Backtrack 5 on a completely empty SSD in my system, which is one of 3 drives. Installation went fine. But now, on boot, I am unable to choose which operating system to load. The drive that contained Windows 7 was untouched and is still accessible through BT5. I can't find any issues that would seem to cause the boot issue. Windows repair also fails to load any installations of Windows 7, and will only recognize image files located on my mass storage device. Thoughts? Help? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What happens if you make the Win7 drive the primary boot disk? What happens if you unplug the BT5 SSD?
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CarlSaiyed wrote: »
    What happens if you make the Win7 drive the primary boot disk? What happens if you unplug the BT5 SSD?
    No OS found.
  • Options
    GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    I find Backtrack OS still buggy. I have used Backtrack 4-5 and not satisfied.

I am a MAc user and after the installation of backtrack to different partition, everything went pretty for a while (for boot process, OS system itself was still buggy). I was able to choose the OS at the startup without any problem. After a while (like 2 months), Backtrack was gone by itself from the boot menu. Operating system was still there, no configuration was changed, nothing was installed even. Moreover, after 2 weeks, Backtrack was back :)

Deleted it, just staying away from the current editions.