Sitting CCNA Security on 16th January

gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
Been studying this only for 2-3 weeks. Though a lot of the content of this exam seems to be what I did way back in 2010 when I did the ISCW exam for CCNP.

Hasn't felt like a massive step in difficulty. It also helps that I am now 2nd line Network Support and have been since October '12 and so getting daily exposure to most things on the curriculum.

Material - CCNA Security Cisco Press guide, CBT Nuggets, GNS3...

I did buy an ASA5505 but I really haven't done much with it. I've done more in GNS with a virtual ASA than anything else, but as I intend to do the CCNP:Security straight afterwards then I haven't wasted any money in buying the ASA. I fully intend to use it in production at home :)

Comments

• clarknovaclarknova Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with the exam - be sure to let us know how you get on.

I'm thinking of doing CCNA:Sec shortly - what would you say has been the most difficult part of the curriculum for you?
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    None of it has been difficult at all, though a lot of it has been review for me...
    Weee exam in the morning. Looking forward to getting it out of the way now so I can get on with CCNP:S

Assume that SECURE is the next best exam to take as it looks remarkably like CCNA:S but in more depth.
    Well, hour early at exam centre as per usual. My first visit here since July 2010.
  • spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    Congrats!
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats gorebrush icon_cheers.gif
  • marco71marco71 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with CCNP:Sec !!
  • travis1232007travis1232007 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi,
    what's the passing marks in ccna security 640-554 .. and how many questions was there..
    and is it 90 min exam or 120 min....TIA

regards,
    travis k
    802, 70 questions, 90 minutes.
  • sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
    How would you rate the cbt nuggets from a scale of 1 - 10?