Taking CCNA Program, take Network+ beforehand?

mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
I plan on taking a CCNA program at a local school. The program is broken into four parts & meet M & W from 6-10 from March until October with 1 week off in between the Modules.

Module 1: Networking Fundamentals (76 hrs)
Module 2: Routing Protocols and Concepts (68 hrs)
Module 3: LAN Switching and Wireless (36 hrs)
Module 4: WAN Technologies (36 hrs)

I was studying for the Network+ exam just to get back into the swing of things a few months ago, but got sidetracked with family/personal things. I was wondering if I should go back and study for the Network+ and take exam before the CCNA class, or should I be fine going into the class with the way they have it setup. My background is a work as a field tech installing/configuring modems, routers, switches, running drops and doing extensions. The modems, I configure myself, and the routers and/or switches, I work with a remote engineer who will walk me through the configurations. Before working as a field tech, I worked in a data center monitoring all the servers, dbs, apps, and doing backups/restores. If something went down, the "owner" admin would be responsible for getting it back up, but sometimes I would have to work with them on the phone while at the server to check things. As for the path I want to take, as of right now, looking into Voice. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments