Appearing for Composite CCNA after passing ICND1

palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
I have my CCNA exam scheduled this saturday and this is going to be my first attempt. I fear I am going to pass this exam ~(inspite of putting hours studying the materials.
Just wanted to know If I can sit for CCNA composite after passing ICND1 exam?
I am thinking of sceduling ICND1 next saturday and then take a gap of 2-3 weeks and then sit for composite CCNA again as I hear ICND2 is tougher than Composite CCNA.
Is it a good idea?

Comments

• jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    Seems like it would be just a waste of money to me, but I guess it depends on your confidence level.
    WGU grad
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No rules saying you can't as far as I know. Study up and pass the first time and you have nothing to worry about!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    I'm not understanding your logic. The ICND2 exam is cheaper than the CCNA exam not to mention there's much overlap in the composite exam that it's actually MORE difficult because the range of questions to pool from. It's your money though but if you were asking me for advice personally, I'd say take your chances with ICND2.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Seeing as the composite costs twice as much as a single incd exam I would go with the single option, not saying that you will fail but if you do it you already have enough money for a retake. Just prepare and you will be fine.
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ICND2 is significantly harder than the composite exam. But just think that if you pass both icnd 1 and 2 you get two certs not one.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    He's going to take his ICND1, pass it - earn his ccent. But whether he chooses ICND2 or composite is upto him.

If you're that unsure of yourself, you could wind up spending a lot more in the long run. Think of it this way: One CCNA exam = 2 ICNDs. You fail ccna. You'll be spending a minimal 600 bucks... and if you fail that...
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    palit wrote: »
    I hear ICND2 is tougher than Composite CCNA.
    It's not that tough if you study for it.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh I get it now. OP wants to get his CCENT first then do the composite exam. I don't think that is a good idea but it isn't my decision. Waste of money imo. but it isn't all about money. It is more knowledge and skill rewarding I think to do the ICND2 because you are tested more in depth on those topics. 45-50 questions on icnd2 as opposed to 20-25 on it.Or whatever the number is. The former is better I think.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MrXpert wrote: »
    Oh I get it now. OP wants to get his CCENT first then do the composite exam. I don't think that is a good idea but it isn't my decision. Waste of money imo. but it isn't all about money. It is more knowledge and skill rewarding I think to do the ICND2 because you are tested more in depth on those topics. 45-50 questions on icnd2 as opposed to 20-25 on it.Or whatever the number is. The former is better I think.

I don't mind the knowledge part and reading and knowing more about the subject but at the moment I just need to get the certification with a hope that that will help me get a job asap.
    Once I get a job I am sure I can work more towards gaining knowledge and rewarding myself.