How is that possible?

Christopher DobkowskiChristopher Dobkowski Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there guyz! :)

I just created an account on cisco.com and went to do some questions they had.
There was a question that goes like this:

Which four of the following can be protected with a password? (Choose four.):

1- Console access
2- VTY access
3- TTY access
4- User-level access
5- Exec-level access

I selected 1-2-4-5 and it said it's wrong.. that instead user-mode its tty... HOW?! u can't set a password on user-level? since when? :S
And what is tty after all? never heard of it icon_sad.gif

Comments

• xzaxza Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you read the Question twice it would be better to understand the question, Probably they were asking which level of commands that acquired the password.

1.Console Access - 2.VTY Access - 3.TTY Acces - 4.User Level Access

Now i think you would understand it properly. :D
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)
  • Christopher DobkowskiChristopher Dobkowski Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you read the Question twice it would be better to understand the question, Probably they were asking which level of commands that acquired the password.

1.Console Access - 2.VTY Access - 3.TTY Acces - 4.User Level Access

Now i think you would understand it properly. :D

It's 1-2-3-5 :P And this question is probably dumb and it's only for purpose of CCNA exam, cause if u know a bit more than just ccna than u will know there is a way to set a password even on user exec but it might be either outside of the ccna scope or it's considered a trick or something... :)
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    TTY lines are asynchronous lines used for inbound/outbound modem and terminal connections and can be password protected.

Don't stress out about knowing it though. A lot of people would be thrown off by the "TTY" access. I only really remembered it since I use a Linux laptop sometimes at work and when I'm using the Cisco console cable, I'm having to enter the "#screen /dev/TTYS0 9600" command all the time. :) You're probably not going to see a question on the test the refers specifically to TTY but it's good to know for the real world :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • mohamedshajidmohamedshajid Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TTY lines are asynchronous lines used for inbound/outbound modem and terminal connections and can be password protected.

Don't stress out about knowing it though. A lot of people would be thrown off by the "TTY" access. I only really remembered it since I use a Linux laptop sometimes at work and when I'm using the Cisco console cable, I'm having to enter the "#screen /dev/TTYS0 9600" command all the time. :) You're probably not going to see a question on the test the refers specifically to TTY but it's good to know for the real world :)

I'm totally agree with Iris what you'd talk about. I just thought to answer of real world scenarios
    [2013] CCNA Cert Exam @IBM Premier Campus in Sri Lanka
    + Reading Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CCENT Cert Dummies
    I'm totally afraid of heard strange word of cisco
    + Next Career - Red Hat Linux Networking And CCNA: Security (2013 Before June)
  • Christopher DobkowskiChristopher Dobkowski Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□

Great!!! Thanks ALOT! :D