Options

TechNet question

About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
Hey,

I see a lot of people talking about gaining resources from TechNet prior to their exams but I am unsure what you guys mean. Are you talking about researching the subject via the TechNet library or is there a certification specific resource that I am missing?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Basically reseaching the subject on Technet library. Unless they are talking about a technet subscription. That would be gaining access to all MS Software basically and labbing using the real thing.

Most books pull info straight from technet already so you can get the info for free its just a little more work to go through it. I personally don't like dealing with technet because of the layout but all the information you could ever want to pass an exam is already there.
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For example one of the objectives for the 70-640 is:

Configure DNS server settings.
    May include but is not limited to: forwarding; root hints; configure zone delegation; round robin; disable recursion; debug logging; server scavenging

So you could use the following Technet pages to learn about those domains of the test.
    Configuring Zone Properties
    Configuring round robin: Domain Name System(DNS)

some quick google searches such as 'server 2008 round robin dns' and use the technet links that show up