Exam fail and retake Who has done what ?

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am preping to take my CCNA test on Jan 26th 2013 and I was wondering how should proceed if I fail ?
I am curious to know from the fourm here what you all did when you failed the CCNA test ? Did you re-take the full CCNA test or switch and do ICND 1 test then do ICND2 test ?

Please let me know what you did and why it was right for you whatever route you took ? I am very intrested to hear your thoughts on this subject.
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• itgl72itgl72 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You're thinking of failing before you take it, don't think about it unless it happens. Attack this test like you're walking out with a new cert! icon_profileright.gif
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I tried both approaches. Ultimately, the consolidated exam was "less difficult". (I would be remiss to say easier because I don't think that word exists in the Cisco exam space.)
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Never go into a testing centering thinking you're going to fail. Go in feeling confident in yourself that you can pass! Often when taking tests, if you don't feel confident, you won't pass the exam due to nerves or answering too quick. Make sure you've studied enough and bring that confidence out!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I've failed a few exams in my time (Server+ and the MCSE to MCITP upgrade exams) and the hardest part is motivating yourself to start studying again. If you end up failing the exam, I would recommend picking up a different book and trying to read through that. Sometimes having the same thing taught to you but phrased differently makes all the difference. What I usually do to determine which book I'm going to use to study for an exam is to check out the reviews for the books on Amazon and I choose the one with the largest amount and highest ratings. Then after I read the book, I like to followup with some training videos and labbing. I would recommend the INE.com CCNA videos. They're free if you sign up for an account and go into quite a bit of detail. Reading + listening + labbing = triple reinforcement of the material.

With all that being said, don't bet on losing and if you worry that you're going to lose, you can always reschedule the exam a week or two in the future. Good luck!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and perspectives. I am not a good test taker but I really want to pass my CCNA EXAM
    I am currently reading Wendell Odems ICND 1 & 2 Third Edition books and they are pretty good. I also have been watching CBT nuggets videos as well as watching some of Danscourses on YouTube for labbing. In addition I try to do 10 subnetting questions a day from subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online and I also try to do some of the multiple choice questions from the CD's but I never am able to get that far into them.

In the end we will see how my efforts pay off. Wish me luck all
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • umarbhattiumarbhatti Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am going through the INE videos for CCNA and i don't find them as interesting as Jeremy. I find the instructor not explaining stuff in details. Thats just my 2cents