Options

Took the CBT scored 630..

TsizzleTsizzle Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I recently took the exam and missed it by 70 pts. Here is the print out of what I did poorly on with the worse domains being on top and the bottom being what I did best on.

Cryptography
Operations Security
Software Development Security
Physical
BC/DRP
Legal
Telecom/Net Security
Information Security Governance
Security Architecure and Design
Access Control

I just want peoples thoughts.. particularly those that have failed before and what they did to get themselves a passing score. Also how accurate you feel the print out that is given to you with your worse domains is.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Probably the simplest suggestion is to thoroughly re-study your three or four worst domains and take the exam again as soon as possible while the information and experience is still fresh in you mind.

Also reconsider how you studied and what you consider sufficient preparation to take the exam. Using different study materials (audio/visual, practice exams, etc.) might be just the ticket.

You may also have assumed that you understood more than you really do, or could simply game and intuit your way through parts of the exam. While that may be true for some exam items, you should never rely on doing it to get a pass.
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    How did you prep and what resources did you use? Perhaps changing your materials will help with the domains you didn't do as well on? Like, if you mostly used one book, go buy another and use it to study those areas. Same with practice tests. And, there is a great sans webcast on taking the test that might really help.
  • Options
    datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My results were very accurate, unfortunately, I can't speak to a passing score (YET!) since I'm still studying -- I only plan on taking it twice! JD & Wes are right on track with their responses, just understand, when you sit for the exam again...it's very likely you will not get the same test version. There are said to be multiple versions in circulation, so next time you might get the test version with a concentration on access control vs. crypto or any of the other more core domains.

Good Luck
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    datschmo wrote: »
    it's very likely you will not get the same test version. There are said to be multiple versions in circulation...
    The CISSP CBT exams are randomly generated from a very large pool of items, so it's not likely you would see any of the items from your previous CISSP attempts. If you did, I would suspect them to be (non-scored) research items.
  • Options
    Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We'll here is what I learned from having failed before, I didn't have a real understanding of what they were asking on some questions, and simply over thought the answer, when they were asking for something really simple. For me when reading the large paragraph questions I felt the answer must be this long draw out process too the answer, but the answer was really simple. And crypto was my weakest area also. So what did I do which made me pass?

I purchased the CCURE test bank which was very valuable for me, they give you the answer as to WHY a answer is what it is and breaks it down so you can understand things such as private, public key, symmetric, asymmetric etc...

also what JD stated take the test again 31 days from now, ( you must wait 30 days in between exams). Now you will see some of the same questions again, but not many at all. spend the next 30 days doing the CCURE test bank.. It helps? Do a lot of test bank questions 2-300 questions a day.. It helps. EVERYDAY. Good luck
  • Options
    krupal_bhattkrupal_bhatt Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tsizzle,

If you don't mind can you put exact breakdown of how much you scored in each domain ?
  • Options
    TsizzleTsizzle Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for everyone taking the time to respond. I have been super busy... I have only used AIO Shon 5th edition, CCCure paid membership, Shon Harris Videos and a variety of different practice tests. Which other book would you recommend that I pick up?

@krupal_bhatt I don't see on the print out where it breaks it down my percentage by domain. It just list them in order from your worse domain to the one you scored the best in exactly the way I displayed it in the original post.
  • Options
    Jake007Jake007 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    he cant do that, there is no break down like that... it just give you a total score...