Options

Avaya Networking ACIS certification "Avaya Virtual Services Platform 9000"

kimmy0489kimmy0489 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I need to pass this certification in two weeks. However, the courses are too expensive. I don't have any problem paying the 150$ for taking the assessement, but I can't pay 3000$ for the courses. I just wanted to ask you if you knew where I could find free information to study and that will get me to pass this certificate. I'm not asking for a stolen course, I don't want a site where the course is available for free. I am asking if you know any legal documents for free that I can study to pass this exam. I only have two weeks... So please, if you find something, tell me.

The course is called: Avaya Virtual Services Platform 9000 Installation and Configuration, so any document related to that would be perfect.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    from 3k to free... thats a lot of a gap
    why dont try some books ?
    meh
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    From what I have seen, once you get away from Cisco, and to a less extent, Juniper, options for self study pretty much go away. I had the same issue trying to study for Enterasys exams. You might contact Avaya and see if they will sell you the course materials for the class - that is what we did for Enterasys. The materials might not be very good - just the powerpoint slides and lab manual, but if you work with the gear, it should be enough.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A former co worker of mine moved onto a Telecom gig and they sent him out to Colorado (US) to attend a few different Avaya training courses. That price was the same he mentioned for each one. He was also sponsored by the company he was working for at the time.

I would go for what Wes said, other than that I don't think you have to many options.
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    You could try to find out what manufacturer actually makes this platform (I think it is an alcatel-lucent OEM) and study from their materials. As others have mentioned, outside of Cisco/Juniper/Brocade the literature is not common and $3K for training is expected. There is a certain level of buy-in, people and organizations who use Avaya/Alcatel-Lucent type gear have a ton of money invested in their infrastructure and they expect you to pay or do whatever is necessary to get the manufacturer supplied training.