Options

How long does EC Council take to give you eligibility code?

sweetsaintsweetsaint Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
HI,
I send all the documents they required day before yesterday and submitted the 100 $ fee as well, but untill know i didn't get any response from them.
does any body got an idea ho long will it take?
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    close it already received.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    How long did it take for you to receive the code?
  • Options
    It took around 1 week, i also sent them an email to give me urgently.
  • Options
    I am going to take the exam today.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks like you passed.
    I am waiting for ECCouncil to verify my experience and get me an exam code as well.
  • Options
    You do have Sec+ , how is Sec+ in the market is there any value for the Cert?
    I was preparing for CISSP now but 2 days ago i received a Voucher for the exam from a friend. which expires by the end of this month.
    Just want to ask you will this time be enough to prepare for Sec+.

For CEH they might take a week or so, they will confirm your experience from who ever vouched for you.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sec+ was a breeze. I took it 2.5 years ago. I didnt study for it at all. I ended up buy the popular book by Darril, but never used it. I may have glanced over it, but all the questions to me seemed like common sense stuff if you have been in IT for a decent amount of time.

I would go ahead and take the sec+ as some of the info should pertain to the CISSP. You should be able to knock it out by the end of the month for sure.

I only did sec+ because it was required by the DoD.

I was told by ECCouncil that I should be getting my voucher today.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info its encouraging.
    i am going to register for it today.
    And best of luck for the CEH. Let us know how you did on the exam.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Following up to this thread as I am in the same boat myself.

I faxed all my documents and the CC authorization form for $100 (self study waiver, wasn't in the mood to send the $600 upfront) on 18 Jul 2013, they emailed me at my work email on 19 Jul 2013 stating firstly that my application had been received, and then in an email immediately after that, it had been moved to the verification stage.

The second email stated that my supervisor would be contacted to verify my 2 years of experience (no worries meeting this; 4 years active duty as a cyber systems operator in the Air Force [COMSEC, servers and switches, and being an Information Assurance Officer] as well as my current job working IDS).

On 22 Jul 2013, my supervisor emailed me telling me that he had received an email from EC-Council and had validated my experience to them.

As of today, the 29th, I have yet to receive any word or follow up. I went ahead and emailed my sales rep POC at EC-Council given that it passed the 5 work days that their processing email had stated.

Anyone have any similar experiences or timeframes?

Thanks for your help...been studying for this for a while now and am more than ready to test and would like to get it over with.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    Jason0352Jason0352 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know if EC Council are sticklers when it comes to the 2 years exp? I'm going on 20 months working on DoD networks and don't know if they'll deny me and take my $100.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    Following up to this thread as I am in the same boat myself.

I faxed all my documents and the CC authorization form for $100 (self study waiver, wasn't in the mood to send the $600 upfront) on 18 Jul 2013, they emailed me at my work email on 19 Jul 2013 stating firstly that my application had been received, and then in an email immediately after that, it had been moved to the verification stage.

The second email stated that my supervisor would be contacted to verify my 2 years of experience (no worries meeting this; 4 years active duty as a cyber systems operator in the Air Force [COMSEC, servers and switches, and being an Information Assurance Officer] as well as my current job working IDS).

On 22 Jul 2013, my supervisor emailed me telling me that he had received an email from EC-Council and had validated my experience to them.

As of today, the 29th, I have yet to receive any word or follow up. I went ahead and emailed my sales rep POC at EC-Council given that it passed the 5 work days that their processing email had stated.

Anyone have any similar experiences or timeframes?

Thanks for your help...been studying for this for a while now and am more than ready to test and would like to get it over with.

Disregard...finally gave in and called them. Although they never answered my follow up emails, they did answer their phone on the first ring.

My application has been approved ever since my supervisor verified my experience, they're just waiting on my $600 (0_'0)...I guess they just didn't bother with my $100 initial payment. They told me as long as my application has been approved, I have as long as I want to submit my payment. They also informed me that you can pay over the phone rather than faxing in the sheet. They do have an online site (above) that I might ask about using so I can get a receipt in hand quicker and submit to my employer for refund.

Since my employer doesn't require CEH until NLT October, I'm going to save some money here and there and just take it a little bit later (probably 15 August or 01 September).
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna