Options

jobs

djlombadjlomba Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I want to go for my cissp and it would help to have an entry level job in the field. I recently received the security+, what job titles could I search for and what kind of companies?

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    CISSP has experience requirements (5 years, 4 with degree or cert).

+ an employer looking for a CISSP for the entry level is in the dark without a flashlight. That's not who the cert is geared for.

Go for SSCP or Security+. You don't need to have an infosec job to get the necessary experience, but you have to have done something security related.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Many people move into InfoSec work by having some other specializations in business or IT that a security group is looking for. It could be familiarity with specific systems or network devices or applications, writing software or scripts, understanding policies and procedures or legal, or even just having advanced skills in technical writing and the use of Excel. Also, always know what security issues are currently happening in the world of IT, how to find specific information quickly online, and learn to talk about InfoSec like it sports. Oh yeah--learning the information in certs like Security+, CASP, SSCP, and CCNA Security help greatly too.