Packet Tracer Frustration

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am currently watching the Jeremy Cioara's cbt nuggets videos and I am on video 23. The Setting up the router for SDM and DCHP certification.
Anyway I am trying to follow along and I am unable to because packet tracer does not have this command installed.

Here is where I am at.
The name for the keys will be: CBTrouter.nuggetlab.com
Choose the size of the key modulus in the range of 360 to 2048 for your
General Purpose Keys. Choosing a key modulus greater than 512 may take
a few minutes.

How many bits in the modulus [512]: 1024
% Generating 1024 bit RSA keys, keys will be non-exportable...[OK]

CBTrouter(config)#ip http server
*Mar 1 0:3:58.81: %SSH-5-ENABLED: SSH 1.99 has been enabled

Ther next step I need to do is the ip http secure server command and I cannot!

Here is my output when I tried to see what was under IP http.
CBTrouter(config)#ip http ?
% Unrecognized command

ANYBODY have a work around for this for packet tracer ?

Let me know.
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    Packet tracer can't do everything. Never heard of it working for the SDM. In my opinion people worry about this too much for the exam :)
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • colby_arcolby_ar Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    PT does not support SDM, so these commands will not work. If you really want to try out SDM you could use GNS3, but I'm not sure that I would even bother. Rarely do you see it in use and I've heard from people that have recently taken the CCNA that it wasn't even on the exam.
  • CodyyCodyy Member Posts: 223 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't worry about SDM too much. I just went through a CCNA boot camp last week and my instructor did not even mention SDM, I had no clue it even existed until I watched the CBT video on it around an hour ago. My instructor was very very good, definitely knew his stuff, so I'm sure he purposely didn't mention it.
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 896 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The only time I've seen SDM was on the CCNA Security exam.

Also, Watching CBT Nuggets and using Packet Tracer isn't a good combo. In Jeremy's recent videos he's a proponent for GNS3. Before that, it was all lab based equipment.
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't have all the IOS's for GNS3 and it's never worked correctly on my PC. Packet Tracer works on my pc but as I do certain things for the CCNA exam I am finding out it does not do everything I may need to prepare for the exam.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check out this guy's YouTube Channel, he does most of his CCNA Course in Packet Tracer -

Cisco CCNA - YouTube

hth
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mgmguy1 wrote: »
    I don't have all the IOS's for GNS3 and it's never worked correctly on my PC. Packet Tracer works on my pc but as I do certain things for the CCNA exam I am finding out it does not do everything I may need to prepare for the exam.

It does everything you need for the CCNA.:)
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
    Ltat42a wrote: »

There is something wrong with the link or the page. The page keeps refreshing and I can never scrool down.

Fats Domino
    mgmguy1 wrote: »
    There is something wrong with the link or the page. The page keeps refreshing and I can never scrool down.

Hmmm...it refreshed on me once, then worked normally. I'm using Firefox18.01
    Ltat42a wrote: »

This Link has been very usefull thank you.

Fats Domino