Anyone gotten a Nexus 4 lately?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
I keep waiting for them to come back in stock so I can buy without contract. Just curious if anyone has received one lately.

Comments

• fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    friend of mine gave up on waiting and had to go to ebay for one. going rate is about $450 right now for the 8gb.
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I gave in and bought one from O2 in the UK. Cost me £399 for the 16GB model, but I was happy to pay it.

I could probably still sell it now for a profit.

It's a sweet, sweet device - as is the Nexus 7.
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ordered an 8 GB model on 11/27/12, finally got it on 1/5/13. I've read about people who ordered in December and received theirs within a week, which is kind of messed up.

I generally don't go crazy over smartphones, but the Nexus 4 is really sweet. Still waiting for the official wireless charging orb to become available, hopefully next month. Overall the Nexus 4 feels a bit faster in UI response compared to the Nexus 7.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would but my current phone does not use a sim card
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was looking at this phone but hesitated due to the lack of LTE (not that I care too much) but now that I educated myself on the different networks and speed capabilities I am not as hesitant.

Thinking of getting off Verizon and the Nexus phone was pretty much the only Android phone I might get since I don't like all the carrier junk, but the no SD card in Nexus lines now bugs me even though it was never a big deal to me before. Primarily it is due to using it for backups, music and podcasts.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    docrice wrote: »

I think not having enough stock is one thing, Google not being able to handle webtraffic with crashing cart / ordering system and frequently changing stock numbers / double charging / charging too early / cancel successful orderts and so on - another.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have a nexus 7 and love it, but i like the sleek design of my motorola razr for a phone
    It is pretty powerful as well. I prefer to have the lte.