Options

Default User Profile

matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
Hey guys, I have some questions on what exactly the default user profile does and how it applies in a domain.

Basically the situation is I'll be setting up these computers for users whom I do not know their username/passwords. I have my own username/password to the domain. I plan to create a local account on the box (same as my domain username), logon to the domain as myself and install all the software, map network drives, ect and once I'm done the copy that profile to the Default User folder.

Will this allow me to do what I need to do without knowing the user's name/password? Basically I want anyone who logs on to the domain on the computer to have the same desktop icons, mapped netowrk drives, ect. I'm assuming this will work.... but I've never done it before and I would like some reassurance. :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    fualkerfualker Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yes, the default user profile is the profile that is used when a new profile is created when a person logs on to the system for the first time. In otherwords, default profile is copied when a new profile is setup. You will be good to go!