Options

"Why do you want to leave ur current job?" answer

jayman369jayman369 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
In most cases it's because of the $$$, and the interviewer probably knows it. But what's a slick way of answering such a question to impress the interviewer?

I know the answer would be different depending on the situation and what kind of jobs they are, but sharing your experience and your answers would be helpful and interesting.

Thanks.

-Jay

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    A good answer for that is your skill level has exceeded you currrent role & you need more of a challenge.
  • Options
    jayman369jayman369 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's actually right in line of what I was going to use for my interview next week. It's going to be my second job since I graduated, and since landing my first job, I've aquired a couple of certs. So that might be a good answer.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    That's most likely the best answer, and best reason for wanting to leave a job.

It's what I would use if I was asked that question in an interview, because it's the truth. I don't WANT to leave my current job, but I have exhausted all resources and have gathered nearly everything I can from it. I want a job that will allow me to expand on what I already know, as well as learn completely new material.
  • Options
    bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    Just say something like "this new position is a better match for my career goals, and I am looking for a challenge." These questions are really just meant to "weed out" the pool.
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Nah, just tell em its because you already sexually harassed everyone in the office and you are looking for fresh meat icon_lol.gif

All kidding aside, the "Need a challenge, looking for a job that will allow me to grow more, a position to match my skills, maximize my potential" angle is a good one, always worked for me.

Good luck!
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    For me, it's lack of challenge and steady schedule. My job is boring, my co-workers are lazy and angry at the parent company, and the pay sucks too. I'll be wrapping up MCSA in a few weeks, then keeping my fingers crossed. There are a few job listings I've seen that look good, but I'd rather have a more complete resume/cv. I'm having mine done professionally once I finish MCSA. Oh, and I'm sick of driving around all day. I feel like a helpdesk on wheels for morons......

.....Scenario : My pager goes off at 11:30pm for a 24/7 customer. I get dressed, drive out 90 minutes, and look at the screen. It reads, "Base configuration date has changed. Press F1 to continue." GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! So basically, I'm out until almost 3am because of daylight savings time.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    garv221 wrote:
    A good answer for that is your skill level has exceeded you currrent role & you need more of a challenge.

That is awesome. I will definitally use that icon_cool.gif
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    My pager goes off at 11:30pm for a 24/7 customer. I get dressed, drive out 90 minutes, and look at the screen. It reads, "Base configuration date has changed. Press F1 to continue.

Though I've never had to drive 90 minutes, I know exactly what you mean. I constantly get called out for those types of errors, since older Compaq PC's like to report on everything that goes on when they reboot.

I just want to ask them why they don't hit F1, when the screen says to hit F1 to continue...