Options

Digi CM32 setup

DustykDustyk Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been reading the manual trying to find the answer and either Im over looking it or am just blind.

I would like to set up my unit with 2 different IP's One for "external" access which would be on the local lan and the "internal" ip which would be the local LAB network only that way it keeps all the equipment off the public lan here at work. Is this possible or should I just set up a router to control the traffic?

Thanks
Dusty
Dusty

Comments

• Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is possible. Though, you'll just want to use a port number to access it externally. Port 23 (Telnet)
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    DustykDustyk Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes.. Ill set up a custom port for each device so I can connect to more than one device at the same time. I thought I needed to assign an Ip to each device as well. I would use that IP to connect to in Putty or whatever. It would auth. me to the Digi first and then do a passthrough to the device depending on the IP i am connecting to. Maybe Im just totally confused and I can assign a 192 address to my devices and not worry about the digi being on the lab network.
    Dusty