Failed 70-646 miserably!

neilconneilcon Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I attempted 70-646 yesterday and got 390.

I'd been studying the modules and doing sample tests from MS-Press - averaging 85% on those practice exams.

I thought I knew the contents inside out.

Exam started with three case studies with 6/7 questions per case study and then 27 multiple choice q's.

I've booked to resit the exam in four weeks time, can anyone give any advice on what resources I should use to try and improve this time around??

Thanks

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the forums!

Dont take this the wrong way but if you score 390 on an MS test you were woefully under-prepared. Let's review your preparation:

- Material. You appear to have used just the book and the testing engine that came along the book. If this is all you used, you learned the hard way about preparing for MS tests. These MS Press books are NEVER enough for any test. They arent meant to be the one stop solution for an MS test. You've got to supplement with other material. The Server 2008 R2 Unleashed book is a great reference book and one that I referenced throughout my MCITP: EA tests. You've GOT TO read up on TechNet too. This awesome resource is from MS themselves and is the most comprehensive and up-to-date thing out there for MS tests.

- Lab. Did you lab up the material as you went through the book? It's necessary to see it happen in front of you. If you didnt lab or dont have real work experience, you are bound to fail.

- Was this your first MS exam or your first one on the SA/EA series? If yes, you picked up the wrong test to start off with. The 640 or the 642 are the ones you need to start off with because the 646 builds on the other two and is a design level exam. If you dont have the concepts right, the 646 is bound to squash you, and that's what it did.

Maybe delay the test another month and really study for it. It's a passable exam but you'll need to pour in some effort. You only get out what you put in, right? Good luck on the retake and I hope I didnt come across as too harsh, I was just being upfront.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com