Options

Low level minion to Assistant Manager

As the title says. Recently I was just just a normal Software Engineer doing the low level stuff a newbie would do in an office. Gradually work loads on everyone started to increase and bang on a year of me being in my new job I was called in for the yearly meetings.

My boss explained to me that as work loads increased I took on more and more responsibility, I basically had no choice in that regards seeing as I was left alone in the office a lot and had to pick up things quickly. And that I managed my friend appropriately.

To finish the meeting he said I am promoting you to Assistant Manager. Seeing as I will be dealing with high positioned people he believes it will look better that I have a higher title, along with the title I get all the other "bonus" things that come with such as being the blame guy for things my mate messes up, managing projects and time and just doing things on my own.

So what I guess I am asking in this forum for really, is advice! I've never held a position like this before and managing my mate is one thing, but managing a new guy that we might be getting seems hard to me.

Any advice would be great!
70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development