Options

CCNP Switch Lab Manual - Everything Topology

instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
I was prepping to run through the CCNP Switch Lab Manual, and I realized that I didn't have a good idea about a single topology I could run, that would account for all the labs.

(Really, all that is needed is the 4 switches in the middle if you don't want to test any traffic.)

I decided that I wanted to plan out how I could set up the lab a single time, and use it for multiple iterations.

I'll more than likely end up just subbing routers for some of the devices (not like I have a wireless LAN controller just sitting around the house, for example).

I see that one lab calls for a SQL server, and I'll just simulate with an HTTP server running on port 1433 on one of the routers, for example (gotta get creative).

In case you're wondering, no, there isn't a printer lab, but I figured a camera was a reproductive device, and a printer would serve a similar function (I know, that's a stretch, but I didn't see an IP camera icon, and didn't bother to add one to the app.)

Also, I'll attach a screenshot of the excel spreadsheet that simply lists out the labs included in the manual, which I plan to use as a rehearsal list, as I go through several iterations of the labs.

Currently Working: CCIE R&S
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)

Comments

• Options
    crrimsoncrrimson Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't get caught up on any external equipment other than the 4 switches, you really won't need to worry about SQL servers or cameras for the test. Two PC's on either end should suit just fine.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    crrimson wrote: »
    I wouldn't get caught up on any external equipment other than the 4 switches, you really won't need to worry about SQL servers or cameras for the test. Two PC's on either end should suit just fine.

I only realized this after actually reading through the labs. They didn't actually incorporate anything (that I would have been expecting) like ACLs or whatnot.

I just made the topology based upon the topologies you're given for each lab. Unfortunately, the labs don't actually incorporate this stuff. Anything requiring other devices is usually termed "optional".
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)