Cisco ditches Linksys

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
Cisco Leaves The Consumer Networking Market After Selling Linksys Brand To Belkin | TechCrunch

I'm both glad and sad to see this. Gives them a chance to focus where its important. I still have my 10 year old wrtg running ddwrt. Oh well. Discuss.

Comments

• gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    A little late to the game. This was posted last week:
    RomBUS wrote: »
    Cisco Exits The Consumer Market As It Sells Linksys To Belkin

Never really used Belkin products, wondering if it's the best move for them. Linksys should just go back to being its own brand name again IMO

:)
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Dewey defeats Truman - JK
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    wrtg :) good bit of kit, but this was pre Cisco was it not ?
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Although I am a CCNA I have never been a fan of the cisco/linksys routers, belkin is just crap. Asus, or Netgear for me. I had a D-Link once that was boss, but the second one I bought was crap.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • rchaserchase Member Posts: 126
    Yeah I agree that Belkin makes a shitty consumer router. The Linksys wrtg was an amazig router, i see lots of people still have them running SOHO 10 years+ later. I bought a Belkin for my place couple years ago and in under a year it stopped handing out dhcp, had random problems like unable to ping other nodes unless i rebooted it, unable to print to network printer for the same reason, reboot all the time. Finally replaced with Linksys/Cisco ... see how it goes.

Good move for Cisco, focus on enterprse not consumer
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    A little late to the game. This was posted last week:

:)

Doh! Too busy studying :)
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I amkind of liking the, NOW cheep cisco 871w SOHO routers, they are cheep enough now, to start modding them.

they are much cheaper than if you just google them. I got mine for $75.00, Irun it directly behind a Comcast service modem. I set it up to do dhcp,nat,pat. It is directly connected to my sb6120 motorola. After I succeeded withthat I switched to a Cisco 2651xm right behind the Comcast dsl service Both the871w & 2651xm were faster than any DDwrt54g!
    so I go modem 2651xm, then I run the 2651xm to a 3550. After that I have setmultiple DDwrt54g's and also the 871w. I still buy version 8 wrt54g's and flashthem to DD

I have much faster service with Comcast promo basic (un-Modded(stock/virgin) sb6120/2651xm) than what I have with Fios.