Boson Tools for CCENT

NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
Hi all! Has anyone used the Boson tools for CCENT? I've heard so much about Boson but have never bought anything and would like to change that today.

CCENT Network Simulator & Router Simulator | NetSim 8.0

640-822 ICND1 CCENT Practice Exam | Boson

...I see the NetSim and the ExSim-Max. Is one a practice exam and the other a full blown simulator? Should I grab both? Any help would be great, thank you! :)
Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security

Comments

• jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    I love Boson's stuff, I used not their NetSim and ExSim practice test for CCENT. Those will get you ready for the exam for sure, just take your time with them and learn your weak areas. I just bought NetSim and ExSim for ICND 2.
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Yeah I know most people will probably say to just buy them for CCNA instead, but money isn't thaaaat much of an issue and anything to help me step by step is fine with me at this point. Each certification will help me make that motivational push to continue on! :P
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    Nytrocide wrote: »
    Yeah I know most people will probably say to just buy them for CCNA instead, but money isn't thaaaat much of an issue and anything to help me step by step is fine with me at this point. Each certification will help me make that motivational push to continue on! :P

they do give a discount on ICND 2 if you bought ICND 1 of about $40 I think, and I forget the amount for NetSim.
  • dadoorsdadoors Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i Just passed ccent yesterday after about 4-5weeks of studying. out of the three main resources i used, the boson ccent practice exam was the most helpful and probably the reason i passed.i first used CBTN and while useful, it does not cover enough material to pass so i started reading the ccent topics in the ccna study guide by Todd Lammle. at this point i was about two weeks in and getting confident and got the boson prac exam for icnd1 and that let me know exactly what i needed to focus on and what i didnt.

and for me, the practice exam was more difficult than the actual exam so once u can ace that should be able to pass as long as u dont kid yourself and memorize the answers. they even add/removed a bunch of questions to the exam almost making it new again a couple weeks after i bought it.
    Sounds good! So the ExSim and the NetSim are different?
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Nytrocide wrote: »
    Sounds good! So the ExSim and the NetSim are different?

ExSim is the exam simulator & NetSim is the network simulator. There are free demos of both programs on the site.
    Okay, I'll grab both...thanks! :)
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623