ICND1 in two weeks, stressed, worried

BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
Got my exam in two weeks.

Been trying the BOSON exams, been getting a poor 60-65% which is really stressing me out.

Think I'm short of time?

Thinking of delaying my exam but don't want to.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    What are you using to study?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you don't feel ready then don't take it, as networker asked what are your study materials?
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
    I'm going through the wendell odom book and cbt nuggets. I'm good at subnetting.

Practicing on the BOSON exams.
  • xzaxza Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I never got higher than the 60s but I got a 937 on the exam 2 weeks ago. boson asks questions about dumb things like syntax stuff. example: clock rate 64000 or clockrate 64000? You may know what clock rate is, when to use it, how to figure out which interface should be configured with it and how to implement it but boson wants to make sure you spelled it right. dont stress. just reread question a couple times, and after picking your answer read the question and make sure you're answering the question they're asking. giddy up!
  • fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i have no experience with the Boson tests, but I've heard they're harder than the actual exam. I was stressed and worried before my exam that I didn't study near enough, turns out I overstudied and did great. 95% of my studying was the CBTNuggets. Do you feel comfortable with all the material in them? Have you run through them a couple times?
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
    xza wrote: »
    I never got higher than the 60s but I got a 937 on the exam 2 weeks ago. boson asks questions about dumb things like syntax stuff. example: clock rate 64000 or clockrate 64000? You may know what clock rate is, when to use it, how to figure out which interface should be configured with it and how to implement it but boson wants to make sure you spelled it right. dont stress. just reread question a couple times, and after picking your answer read the question and make sure you're answering the question they're asking. giddy up!

Serious? That's pretty good.... Maybe I'm over worrying
    i have no experience with the Boson tests, but I've heard they're harder than the actual exam. I was stressed and worried before my exam that I didn't study near enough, turns out I overstudied and did great. 95% of my studying was the CBTNuggets. Do you feel comfortable with all the material in them? Have you run through them a couple times?

I feel comfy with all the material I've learned, a few chapters were tricky but BOSON seems solid
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea just go over your weak spots and if you need more time you can schedule the test out further if you need more time.
    @fivedollarcouch I'm using CBT nuggets and Packet Tracer as well as Boson Exam max
  • xzaxza Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Beany wrote: »
    Serious? That's pretty good.... Maybe I'm over worrying

I read the lammle book, and did the review questions. Watched the cbts all in a row over a few days, then read odom book, after completing each chapter in the odom book I would again watch the relevant cbt vids and while reading along in a chapter I would practice in packet tracer whatever was discussed in the book. took about 5 weeks over winter break, about 2-3 hours a day.
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can only speak from my experience but when I did the ICND1 I felt it was easier than the Boson ex sim max exam. However you should ensure you are scoring at least 85, ideally 90% on the Boson to be sure you are ready and fully understanding what your weak areas are at that stage and brushing up on it.
    You could be short of time and really should book the exam when you ready not when you are not as it just puts pressure on you to get any other bits out the way. If you feel you maybe short of time put it back.Best to go in over prepared than under.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    I made should I was scoring at least 85-90% on the Boson Exams A B and C. Hope you know to start on Exam A first once you get 85 or better% go to B get 85 or better%, go to C. Hammer out the weak areas, and then toast to a successful pass later.

It's better to reschedule now then be drowned in disappointment later if you don't feel ready.
  • mickeyslimmickeyslim Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think two weeks is still enough for you to cover things you think you are weak at anticipation of the exam can be the cause for your stress.I was suppose to write my CCNA exam in january buh i had to postpone it till march cause i felt i was inadequately prepared.So postponing the exam might do little or no good for you.Just a piece of advice.