Options

Going go take the CISSP, need your advice

bassiabassia Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys

i'm going to study and pass the cissp certificate, anyone got a helpful advice/link/ebook to start with? any help will be much appreciated, thanks icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Have you searched here? There's tons for what you are looking for.
  • Options
    moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Cyberguypr is correct, there is tonnes and tonnes of past posts here on TE that are helpful with what you are after, you just have to search for them which shouldn't be that difficult.

Something that might be of assistance too is knowing why you wanna do it and use that as motivating factor, just going aimlessly for the CISSP will not assist you in anyway. Be aware too that this is different from most of your other IT certs, there is a whole lot more to it.

I don't want to end up making this a lecture or something...:)... but you have to be prepared to give up a few things of your normal life, CISSP takes a lot of your time, that's why it is handy to have those goals and know why you are going after it.

All the best, there is a lot of free material in past posts, just search.
  • Options
    bassiabassia Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you both for your replies, it will be more easy for beginners like me to have a thread that contains some realy useful references
  • Options
    moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    A good place to start is the Mothership, www.isc2.org , you can read about the certs, you can download the Candidate Information Bulletin & like has been mentioned before, search the past posts. When searching on TE, try something like "Passed CISSP", have a read.
  • Options
    wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
    bassia wrote: »
    thank you both for your replies, it will be more easy for beginners like me to have a thread that contains some realy useful references

You know CISSP is not for beginners, right? And above and beyond that, there a pages and pages of really useful references in this forum. Just spend a bit of time looking for them and you will be rewarded. Spoon feeding you tibits isn't going to help you pass the test.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    InfoSec beginners should start by reading the threads in our Security+ forum and trying for the Security+ certification.