Options

Email Signatures

ruinednationruinednation Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Maybe this is not the greatest post but I'm just curious on where to put the certs you've gotten on your work email signature - before or after your title and company info. I can't decide.

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Maybe this is not the greatest post but I'm just curious on where to put the certs you've gotten on your work email signature - before or after your title and company info. I can't decide.

lol, no where.

Your Name
    Position
    Company Title
    #'s
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    If the certification is a really important part of your job title or description at your company, then you'll need to include it after your name like a professional degree. If you have multiple certs/degrees that are significant, rank them in descending order of importance:

John Smith, Ph.D., CISSP, MCSE
    Principle Engineer
    XYZ Corporation
    <phone, email, etc.>

Even certs like A+ and MCP would be valid to list of you are just a tech. (Yes, I know that "MCP" isn't a real cert; it's just a marketing device used by Microsoft to get people to take their cert exams). You or your company will decide which certs are significant enough to your job title to list.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I agree with both above if you looking for opinions.

Frankly, I'd lean toward leaving them OFF and only including them on resumes to a job specific to that certification, but JD is correct with the listing order :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    my name, A+, Network+, MCDST, MCP

seems a bit much for a Email Signature, but I like it... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Our company policy is no trailing acronyms, not even Phd. But you can have a Dr. first.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p