gmail

paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
If anyone is interested, PM me, or mobri09
Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson

Comments

• johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    I still have hundereds of invites left, I mostly just kept inviting myself when they first launched it and they only let you send 2 invites, then 5, then 50. Cool layout, but there mail servers are slooooow. I can wait hours to get an email that would should up within a minute on my other email accounts.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
    There is a Supply and Demand effect going on with gmail. It is very much in demand. (They are being sold on Ebay) icon_eek.gif
    Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    that worked .... really cool ... thanks
    rm -rf /
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    I have a couple gmail invites, if you really want one just send me a PM. Don't post on this thread please.
  • drewm320drewm320 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    That Gmail sucks! I tried at least ten times to sign up with an invite domeone sent me, but no matter what, the registration process never finished. I checked all my settings, cookies, and other crap, but every time I clicked submit, it just reset all my info, and created no account. I use my Isp, and Yahoo, never had a problem. Again, this is a case of the sheep following the trend IMO. I would wager that at least 50% of people who have Gmail don't even need that kind of email storage. I mean seriously, how big are the emails you send to people. Are you sending full disk images, complete movies? WTF! Screw Google.

EDIT*** I just tried that bytetest thing, and it actually worked....oh well, I'll be closing and forgetting it, like I said, I don't need it, so whatever.....more beer time....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You might change your mind after you look at this little utility. It turns gmail into remote storage on your desktop. Make it your private stash disk. It becomes a virtual file extension so you can have a gmail drive. Those extra invites can be useful when applied to yourself. Take a look at this site for the code to do it.

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been using it for the better part of a year and I love it.

It's only slow for me when I send 10mb attachements :).

No spam, easy homepage, lots of storage.

There were a lot of issues in the beginning, but not now.

I would happilly dish out invites via PM to anyone that wanted one. I'm not going to sell them on ebay.

Maybe for a cookie :)
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Gmail is ok i guess...i dont care for the interface much and the timeframe on emails as well. oh well....i just use it for the resume or something for business
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    I've just converted to it. I love it so far! I've got most of my emails instantly. Thanks for the link!!!!