CCNP Switch Network Planning Questions

mp3markelmp3markel Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm looking at the Cisco Exam Topics for the CCNP Switch and it mentions things like, Determine network resources needed for implementing a Security solution, create implementation plans and create a verification plan. Does anyone know what these mean? It sounds like they want you to create documents describing your plans and I don't see how that could be tested on.

Thanks for any advice, -Mark

Comments

• ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313

I'm not sure that Cisco is necessarily going to test you on those topics but instead wants to remind the students that these are the tasks CCNP's will be faced with once passing the exam. On the flip side - I'm sure that there will be network design questions on the SWITCH exam which may highlight some of those questions and the correct answers (or what Cisco recommends).

Just my .02 as I'm studying for the same exam currently.
  • pertpert Member Posts: 250
    They do test you on these. It has to do with the PPDIOO life cycle. The various plans and documents are covered in the OCG. I think its mostly garbage, but its on the syllabus.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    If you go through the guide, there are some specific notes that go over planning, and they also have questions in each chapter that they ask you about planning.

Hope this helps.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • mp3markelmp3markel Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies! I've been reading the OCG, guess I read chapter 1 too long ago because I didn't remember them talking about the planning and design... or perhaps for some reason I didn't think they'd test on it when I read it. I feel pretty good about the test other than having to study more about planning and I'm trying to motivate myself to feel interested in IP Telephony. Ciscoman2012, is this your first test of the CCNP series? I started studying for R&S but lost interest because I've forgotten somethings so decided to start with switching. Hopefully I'll look at R&S differently once I'm finished with Switching... Along with the OCG I'm using the Cisco CCNP Switch lab manual and CBT Nuggets to study.
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313

Yes this will be my first exam at the NP level. Looking to schedule it for late march early April.
  • mp3markelmp3markel Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I'm not too sure when I'll feel ready for it, hopefully by or in March.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    The NP, level will primarily be configuration and troubleshooting I wouldn't worry about proper designs for the NP Exam.

When you go down the CCDA/CCDP/CCDE is where you'll need worry about best practice design recommendations.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    The NP, level will primarily be configuration and troubleshooting I wouldn't worry about proper designs for the NP Exam.

When you go down the CCDA/CCDP/CCDE is where you'll need worry about best practice design recommendations.

This is simply false. There are questions on the PPDIOO life-cycle as well as the specific documents relating to it on the exam. Its clearly stated on the syllabus.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Perhaps I am looking at the wrong link, but I do not see any mention of PPDIOO in SWITCH Exam objectives

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6566
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
    • Create a VLAN based implementation plan
    • Create a VLAN based verification plan
    • Create a implementation plan for the Security solution
    • Create a verification plan for the Security solution
    • Create an implementation plan for the Switch based Layer 3 solution
    • Create a verification plan for the Switch based Layer 3 solution
    • Create a High Availability implementation plan
    • Create a High Availability verification plan

You're right, it doesn't specifically mention PPDIOO, but the OCG covers it in relation to the PPDIOO lifecycle . It has examples of what should be on the various plans, and its not very intuitive (imo).