Options

SAS Card Issue? Cannot get HP Tape Library to connect...

SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
Guys,
Im having an issue trying to install a new HP Tape Library. I have an SAS expansion card installed in an HP DL360 G5 (specs are fine) connected via new cable to the drive; HP BL536SB 8 bay loader.

The OS is a fresh install of Server 2008 R2 with Backup Exec 2010. The OS has recognized the card without issue, but the loader does not see anything connected and vise versa.

Everything is new (aside from the server hardware) and I am unable to test with any other equipment. Assuming everything new is working properly, is it possible that the SAS does not support the tape library? I know nothing of SAS as this may or may not tell.

See the cut from the manual below;

Planning the SAS configuration
The key steps in planning the SAS configuration are obtaining a suitable HBA and cable.
The server must have an HP or third-party SAS host bus adapter that supports multiple LUNs. Most SAS RAID controllers do not support multiple LUNs, which are needed to communicate with the autoloader controller. Check the EBS matrix at www.hp.com/go/ebs to find a SAS HBA that is supported on your server and qualified with the Autoloader.

CAUTION:

Do not connect the Autoloader to a SAS RAID controller unless the EBS matrix shows that the controller is qualified with the Autoloader. The server might not be able to boot when the Autoloader is connected to a non-supported SAS RAID controller.

Manual located here.

Appriciate any advise (or purchase suggestions)!

Comments

• Options
    Any ideas; anyone?

Been looking on CDWG for quite some time and cannot find anything that says it support multi LUN support. Am I looking for the wrong thing here?

EDIT
    According to the manual, the one I have been interested in is listed as compatiable (and recommended). Though I still cannot find any reference to this card, or any other for that matter, that supports multiple LUNs.

Going to order it; wish me luck.
  • Options
    Well ordered said card becuase I seen it mentioned on a few forums. Figures it is 100% identical to the same one I already have. Same model written on the card... Im livid...

Still at ground level. Please advise; anyone.
  • Options
    Oh dear God what a nightmare! This card is 100% itentical to the one I already have. $200 markup for an HP stamp on back of the card...

SAS card: HP sc44ge
    Library: BL536SB

Tried using Backup Exec drivers but fails;

b48c683b4f6e71a011b3.jpg