Options

What IT jobs are Flexi-time or work from home

Just wondering what jobs would be the above? :)
Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Basically any job that doesn't require touching something may be an option. You can have anything including a phone Help Desk role, sys admin, security analyst, etc. It all comes down to company culture and on how you can sell management on the work from home model.
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Completely depends on the corporate culture, policy, and job specifics. There's really no easy, set answer to this.
  • Options
    dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    Yeah I guess you're right.
    Would pursuing my CCNA be a good option?
    If I can stop procrastinating
  • Options
    taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    You may want to take a look into the Virtualization world of certificates. I've noticed that several Virtualization Engineer positions are work from home. A friend of mine just took one of these positions actually.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Most Networking jobs I've had the past few years allow work from home. I've had 1 where it was 100 percent work from home, and others 50 percent. When you work for a consulting firm its usually all from home until you have to go to a clients site.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    You may want to take a look into the Virtualization world of certificates. I've noticed that several Virtualization Engineer positions are work from home. A friend of mine just took one of these positions actually.
    That is something I have been looking at recently.
    I'm doing my N+ as work are paying for it.
    Then plan on doing my CCNA eventually.
    VCP is something I'll definitely look into though thank you
    icon_cheers.gif
    shodown wrote: »
    Most Networking jobs I've had the past few years allow work from home. I've had 1 where it was 100 percent work from home, and others 50 percent. When you work for a consulting firm its usually all from home until you have to go to a clients site.
    Great stuff thanks for the advice:)
  • Options
    What would be a good beginners Virtualization cert?
    If one is easier and quicker to obtain than the CCNA it may be worth looking at first icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Any other input? CCNA the way to go? Then what?
    Would also consider self employed so dont be shy of suggesting that