Options

Is it worth studying for these?

Is it worth studying for these since it expires in July?

Comments

• Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Studying for the title of "MCITP" is, but studying for the "MCSA" Title isn't. Only the title is expiring. The exams aren't.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, MCSA: 2008 is expiring but you can go for MCSA: 2012 after the former expires.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If the 5 exam MCITP:EA wasn't required for my degree I would have just went for the 3 exam MCITP:SA since both qualify for MCSA:2008. I think I am going to retire from Microsoft certs (unless required by employer) after I finish my 70-647 next month. Time to start my Cisco path.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I want to do them for completion's sake. I don't need the qualifications for work but I want to know I got 2003, 2008, and 2012. The concepts help me in my job but they don't really care if I have the letters or not. After I get this accomplishment I will also retire from MS and focus on more advanced VMware concepts. I would love to have both of the VCAPs by the end of 2014.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    PD75PD75 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its only a title. I couldn't care less if the title retires as long as i get all 3 exams at some stage. Employers will still be very impressed no matter what the title.
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    Yeah, MCSA: 2008 is expiring

MCSA 2008 is not expiring. MCITP:SA is. they are just renaming it to MCSA 2008. there are like 10 threads about this.
    the MCITP:EA is also expiring, and there is no MCSE 2008.

SO yes studying for MCSA 2008 is worth it.