Options

Windows 7 Enterprise Evaluation

insanemonkeyinsanemonkey Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am trying to find a working link to download the Windows 7 Enterprise Evaluation. I want to use it to do some labing to get ready for the 70-680. But it appears that Microsoft has removed it from their website. Does anyone have a working link?

Comments

• Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Interesting. It appears that the Windows 7 Enterprise links are being redirected to Windows 8. And while I was searching for the Windows 7 links, I dimly recall reading that the evaluation offer lasted through January, 2013.

Look, monkey to monkey, you may as well step up to Windows 8. I've been looking at it, and once you get over the start-up screen and switch to a classical desktop, Windows 8 is a solid product. Just as Windows 7 is the go-to OS these days, you should realize that it's basis comes from Vista -- the orphaned child OS that few people liked. Microsoft changed Vista's shortcomings (like UAC) and added features such as BranchCache, then rebranded it as Windows 7. I get the feeling that Windows 8 will repeat the same Vista/Win7 pattern.

If indeed the Windows 7 Evaluation offer has been totally removed, the alternative is to buy a retail copy. Before you do, consider a TechNet subscription. For a little more than the price of a Windows 7 Ultimate license, you can get an annual subscription to pretty much every enterprise-level software product Microsoft offers. The number of licenses one can use has been reduced -- blame it on people gaming Microsoft's pricing system -- but I still recommend the TechNet subscription to anyone working on their Microsoft certifications.
  • Options
    insanemonkeyinsanemonkey Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My plan was to do both eventually. Windows 8 is really not that relevant yet. I don't see very many companies going to it any time soon. Plus I have been studying for the 70-680. Is there a big difference between the tests for windows 7 and 8? Could I get away with using the windows 8 evaluation?
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Here:
    http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-59463.iso
    Although it's Windows 7 Ultimate, it's the same as Enterprise in terms of features.