Options

"Reverse Engineering" course from InfoSec Institute

holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'll be taking the Info Sec Institute "Reverse Engineering" course in Dulles, VA along with the CREA exam later on in August and wondered if anyone has any feedback from the course? Thanks guys.

Here's the course info: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/reverse_engineering_training.html

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Definitely interested to hear if you thought the course is worth it. Hate that they make you fill out a form to get pricing though.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Yes, definitely let us know in detail what you think of the course.
  • Options
    Yeah, don't even subscribe to those because they bother the heck out of you (even if you never took a class) - I took the CISSP Boot Camp from them and it was decent, although I learned a lot more outside of the class preparing for the exam

I can tell you that the quote I received was around $3,800 but we're getting a $500 discount because we're a returning customer. This includes hotel / breakfast / dinner.
  • Options
    well crap we had some budget cutbacks so looks like I won't be going to this training. Thought I'd let yall know. I'm still trying to explain how I can actually bring back "value" to my management; I hate to have to 'sell' stuff that should be a requirement. Considering I'm the only one who does web app pen testing here, you'd think they'd see this as I do...
  • Options
    gambitvkgambitvk Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know if the CREA exam can be taken outside of US ? (is it done online like the OSCP?) ....unfortunately i emailed them a couple of times about this with no reply