Options

regarding to switches and vlan...

anoop123anoop123 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
ny 1 plzzz tell me....without using intervlan routing ...is it possible to make communications between two vlan...???

Comments

• Options
    FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    Router on a stick
  • Options
    iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    You don't actually need a routing protocol running, but you do need a router to route between the VLAN's. A VLAN is a subnet - if a host needs to communicate with another subnet, therefore another VLAN, then it needs a default gateway (router) to communicate through. The router can be directly connected to all subnets using sub interfaces on one ethernet connection (router on a stick, as Futura said). But if you are trying to do it without a router or L3 switch, no.
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    i think it is not possible
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    iamme4eva wrote: »
    You don't actually need a routing protocol running, but you do need a router to route between the VLAN's. A VLAN is a subnet - if a host needs to communicate with another subnet, therefore another VLAN, then it needs a default gateway (router) to communicate through. The router can be directly connected to all subnets using sub interfaces on one ethernet connection (router on a stick, as Futura said). But if you are trying to do it without a router or L3 switch, no.

that is intervlan routing.
  • Options
    iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    fadhil wrote: »
    that is intervlan routing.

I know. I was trying to explain why you need a router.
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk