Options

Stretched ears and interviews [img][/img]

So i was wondering you all opion of what I should do when I get an interview about my stretched ears. I attached 2 pictures and if you want i will imgshack them and post them as a image tag.

I dont know if i should wear plugs for my ears for interview or just wear them naked. and what about the silver ball right piercing at the top of left ear, should i remove that when i go into interview?

If i do wear plugs they should be something solid and simple right? but idk if i should wear them at all. #bodymodproblems

Comments

• Options
    techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would definitely lose the silver stud, what type of position are you applying for? Unless it is a face-to-face sales type job I wouldn't think it should matter about your ears.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
  • Options
    swisschris104swisschris104 Member Posts: 109
    I only A+, and Network+ so something like desktop support, or helpdesk. Long term my goal is to become network adminsister.
  • Options
    techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Network Administrator could require 3-5 years experience with MS server software (2003, 2008, 2012), Cisco switches and routers (CCNA) and including *NIX systems such as Redhat, HP-UX, Solaris, etc. It all depends on what systems you need to administer. You need to prove yourself capable of managing at least a branch office environment without taking down the network/server infrastructure. I would look at job postings for companies you would like to work for, most will list MCSA/MCSE, MCITP, CISSP, CCNA/CCNP, etc type certifications.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Honestly I wouldn't worry about it too much and would focus more on making sure you dress professionally. I've seen plenty of people with body modifications working in IT and not one person that thought any less of them. Just go with whatever you feel is the most professional looking for interviews.
  • Options
    draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think it depends on the person who is interviewing you and if they have any biases, older people tend to be more conservative. Just to be safe, I'd leave out the plugs and the earring. I'd agree that dressing professionally is what will be most important, wear a suit if you have one. Really the most important thing is that you do what makes you feel confident in that interview.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1. Be on time of not early. Do not be late.
    2. Dress professionally
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    swisschris104swisschris104 Member Posts: 109
    Thank you all for your opinions, made me feel better about it, lol. I know to dress formally and to be on time, never mind the hat and hoodie
  • Options
    glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've got my gauges in, no one has ever said anything about them, but they're not big at all, I think they're either a 4 or a 6...I guess it all depends on where you work :)
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec
  • Options
    Erica13Erica13 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whenever I had to go to interviews I always wore clear or skin tone silicone plugs like these Silicone Skin Tone Plugs. I think that this option is better then having a huge hole in your lobes. My eyes always tend to shift towards an empty stretch lobe rather then a skin tone plug that makes it look like nothing in there. Just my 2cents, hope that helps!