Options

Anyone have experience pricing generators for a business?

tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
I dont really know where to start. We continuously lose power during storms at one of our locations, usually for a couple days. The mgr has asked me to look into prices for a generator. How much do they cost for an average sized medical building, 3 floors.... not sure about sq footage. there are 100 employees there, each has at least a thin client, we have 12-15 physical servers and some medical equipment.

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Thanks! that will get me started.
  • Options
    FaygoFaygo Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    check the website above for a local company and call them to do a site survey.
    They should be able to check power off the main line to check power draw.

a lot of it depends what you want to have on the system.
    do you need to put hvac on it? Does you office have extreme Heat or Cold to plan for?
    you also need to have a sit down and find out how much growth the company will need the generator to handle.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You are welcome! Make sure you get answer's to Faygo's questions before you get a contractor out there!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am an actually an electrician and have installed many generators. You need to have your load figured and how you plan to transfer power. There are several options that may be simple or complicated depending upon the setup of the building. Generac is a well known company that should lead you in the right direction
  • Options
    ok, thanks again. i've gathered a few company names. Hopefully by doing this it doesnt add "generator guy" to my list of too many titles i already have.

icon_wink.gif