Options

WGU CCDC Recruiting

foofightersfoofighters Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm organizing a team of WGU students to compete as part of WGU's team at the Virtual CCDC. This is a security competition similar to a CTF (Capture The Flag), but instead of offense or solving a puzzle, you and your team administer and defend a companies network. CCDC Documentary. See here for more information.

We will need to start communicating with each other, determining each others skill sets, sharing learning resources and preparing for the competition.

This is last minute, I apologize. We need to have our information confirmed and ready by Feb 14th . To be eligible, you need to be a current student of WGU, ideally within the IT Security concentration.

This is a fantastic opportunity to learn some new skills, network with other students and potential employers and have fun! If you are interested in participating, are able to commit to the dates below, and are from the Seattle area or are willing to travel there, please PM me with your name, email, phone number, and why you wish to be a part of our group.

Friday March 1st: 3pm-5pm PST - verification of connectivity, welcome & rules, and the first task assignment

Saturday March 2nd: 10am-5pm PST - competition day 1

Sunday March 3rd: 10am-1pm PST - competition day 2, with results and red team debrief by 3pm

Comments

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    *ouch* I just finished last month.

If you're recruiting WGU MSISA people, make sure to post this query in the MSISA community forum @my.wgu.edu, the WGU google group for MSISA, wgustudents.com, and also the LinkedIn group for this.

Hope this helps.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    I start WGU March 1st , but I'm in Miami =(
  • Options
    We would love to have anyone from the MSISA program as well. Unfortunately I'm not in the google group or the community; however, I just bumped an old thread in the WGU IT community so hopefully some people will see that.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Wow, this is a great opportunity for WGU students. I had the opportunity to go myself in 2011. This was a grueling competition that lasted about two and a half days. My team came in 3rd place in the CyberWatch Mid-Atlantic CCDC Regionals, and this was our first time attending the competition. Yes, I am very proud of my team. We were able to network with students from other schools. We had the opportunity to meet with recruiters from large corporations and government agencies. I would love the opportunity to go again. If any of you planning to attend have questions, feel free to contact me.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    Unfortunately it looks like we won't be able to compete, as we were unable to get a team together in one location in time. However, we are able to participate in the competition virtually. If any of you are interested in participating please PM me. I still think that this is a fantastic opportunity. Your location no longer matters.
  • Options
    One last bump.. event is happening this weekend. If you are interested in participating, message me.